Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our customers 561

Award-winning PDF software

review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform

Online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do Form DS-11, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:

How to complete any Form DS-11 online:

  1. On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
  2. Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
  3. Add your own info and speak to data.
  4. Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
  5. Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
  6. Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our Assistance team.
  7. Place an electronic digital unique in your Form DS-11 by using Sign Device.
  8. After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
  9. Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.

PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your Form DS-11 from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.

FAQ - Form DS-11

How was your US visa interview experience?
I’m sharing my experiences (step by step) of attending the Interview on 6th July,2023 as follows.On the Day of Interview, there was a huge rush at the US ConOffice. Our Interview was there at 8.45 AM. But we (me & my colleague) reached there around 8.15 AM. There were 2 queues at the beginning i.e. 8.15 AM & 8.30 AM bannered Queues. Then 8.15 A.M bannered queue was replaced with 8.45 A.M bannered queue at exact 8.45 A.M. After 5 min, a person came who instructed us to keep Passport out from the Clear file along with the VISA Confirmation Letter & Appointment Letter, which were stamped by very previous day in VAC Office of Chennai. With getting ready of all these documents, the queue started moving. There were many securities –1st Lady Security: Please go ahead2nd Gent Security: Do you have Mobile phone?Ans-No,Q - do you have any electronic gadget?Ans: No,Q- please remove your watch and keep it inside your file.Ans: Ok, Thanks3rd Lady Security: Do you have Money Purse?Ans: NoQ- Ok please pull the door to enter inAfter entering into the huge heavy iron door, a security check team were there. They told to keep that file in a container provided by them & put in the automatic panel like there in Flight security check-up. By the mean time they told me to enter in a metal detective door by following the queue. After that one lady scanned all my dresses with a hand scanner, instructed me to go left to collect my file. I collected my file & pulled another door to enter inside a hall. A tall person requested me to sit down on the Chair present in the 1st line. In each stage there were CC TVs. After 5 min, he instructed to start moving by following the queue. Really, it was like opening the hidden doors. I was following the queue. Till that point also I was following to my Colleague who was there in front of me. After that all the people get inside to another separate building which was located around 300-400m from this building.There were around 3-4 securities who guided us the path to enter to the 1st phase of the building where 2 queues were there to check those documents kept outside of the file previously. For me, a foreigner (male, who was there inside the glass cabin) requested the Passport & an Indian (who seated outside of the Glass cabin) asked rest 2 documents to check. Then both of them given the 3 documents & show me the next hall where the actual Interview was happening. At that time, I was followed by a lady in the same queue & my colleague was there just before that lady in the same queue. Around 45 min passed after reaching the ConOffice from outside.Then a lady security was there who allowed the queue till my colleague & let us to seat & wait for some time. After 5 min again from the 1st person (lady) to follow the same queue. More 15 min we were there in that queue. Some observations done by me while standing in that queue as follows:There were around 12-14 Glass Chambers (separated), where all foreigners were sitting inside as the Interviewer’s. In each cabin there were a mike (for us) & loudspeaker (to get their voice correctly). I was really surprised to heard Tamil conversion going on in one of the cabins between a foreigner (male) & a 70 years old man. In another cabin, a beautiful lady was taking the Interview of a Vaastu Specialist (male, around 57 years). The Q & A were as follows:Specialist: Hello, Good MorningInterviewer: Hello, how are you doing?Specialist: Fine Ma’amInterviewer: What are you doing?Specialist: I’m a Vaastu Specialist.Interviewer: What is Vaastu?Specialist: Vaastu is like doing the forecasting by analyzing different scenarios before building a home.Interviewer: What is your Purpose of visit then?Specialist: My Client wants to buy a home in US, Virginia, So, they called me…. (2-3 mins)Interviewer: Sorry I can’t give you the VISA. Please take your Passport.Really the lady Interviewer was so strict. After that the lady security assigned my colleague in the same line where the Vaastu Specialist’s interview done. He was waiting for his turn as another person’s interview was going by the same Interviewer. Then suddenly the security assigned me into the 1st chamber of left corridor & requested me to stand beyond a yellow marked line in that chamber, because another person’s interview was going on.While standing on that yellow waiting line, I saw a lady was taking the Interview for a person (male), So, I was waiting for my turn. I tried to encounter all my confidence to clear the Interview & was praying God to get the success. I just saw the person got success in the Interview & wished to the Interviewer with a big Thank you. Now it’s my turn. She indicated me to come.Me: Hi, Good MorningInterviewer: Good Morning, Passport please..hey what is the purpose of your visit?Me: (Gave my passport through the path provided in the glass chamber) The purpose of my visit..Interviewer: Hey can you please come closer to the mike because you aren’t audible to me.Me: Sure Ma’am. Thank you.. (After reaching at the mike) My purpose of the visit is to gather all the business requirements for the phase 2 of the audit application, what we have designed so far.. to understand the business. Then come back to India, sit with my technical Team & give a proposal.Interviewer: Ok..What is the Audit Application?Me: Audit Application, what we have designed for all the Auditors who are working at ships. This application eliminates all those traditional manual processes with pen & papers with the automated one. So, that they can do audits & generate certificates through our application. The 1st phase of this application has already completed, now it’s the time of second phase because of which different people from different places are coming to take part in the discussion which will be held from July 16 onwards. I’m going there to gather the requirement for phase -2 to understand the business.Interviewer: What is your Designation?Me: I’m working as a Business Analyst in BSOL Systems Private Limited.Interviewer: What is this B.S.O.L?Me: Oh.. It’s my company. Business Solutions, a marine IT Industry, where 123 is one of the Clients.Interviewer: What is this 123?Me: Oh 123? It’s …, it’s our Client.Interviewer: What is your current salary?Me: xyz (what I mentioned in VISA form)Interviewer: Ok, Just tell me how long you are working in 123?Me: In 123 ..In BSOL, for 123 Project I have been working for around 1 year.Interviewer: Hey whether you will work in 123?Me: No, I worked in BSOL for 123 Project.Interviewer: Where you will stay in US?Me: Reston, VirginiaInterviewer: You will work there?Me: NeverInterviewer: Hey just tell me (curiously) how you got a chance from your office to visit there?Me: With a smile, maybe I have been working from the beginning of the project, that why I may get selected.Interviewer: Just assure me how you get comeback?Me: See, my husband will be here in India during that time..So, I have to come back..Interviewer: Ohhhh…with a smile…Ok…Congratulations for travelling…Me: Oh..with a smile..Thank You…Have a nice day!!! (I was so happy because she didn’t return the passport & congratulate me)So, this is all about my experiences. I received my Passport from Bangalore Conoffice after 5 days. For the passport collection, I got the message from the VISA Conoffice. Please note that while collecting your passport, please take any of your original Govt. ID Card like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, DL, etc.Hope sharing my experiences will help you a lot to crack you US VISA Interview.All the Best!!!
How do you expedite the passport of a minor?
The process is essentially the same as expediting an adult passport, with one exception: both parents listed on the birth certificate need to give consent.Typically, this is done by having both parents appear in person with the minor applicant. The minor applicant will need to submit a form DS-11, just like any applicant of any age, regardless of processing time. It is important to state that “minor,” as far as the Department of State is concerned, is under 16 years of age. Applicants ages 16 and 17 may need to show the consent of one parent when submitting their application, but if the applicant is under 16, it is best to try to get both parents in the room with the minor when applying.If one parent is unavailable, the unavailable parent can sign a form DS-3053 in front of a notary and send that along with the minor when submitting the application.In some cases, however, one parent may be unavailable. In that case, a form DS-5525 should be completed with as much information as possible and submitted with the minor’s application. While this doesn’t seem to apply to your situation, I’m including it here for the benefit of others who may have similar questions.Note: it is important to fill out the correct form - the DS-5525 (Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances for Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Minor Under Age 16) and the DS-3053 (Statement of Consent: Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Minor Under Age 16) are not interchangeable. Using the wrong form will result in processing delays.So, once you’ve got all the appropriate forms filled out, take them - along with the minor applicant’s proof of citizenship (original or certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate; U.S. certificate of naturalization; parental naturalization documents if the minor is claiming citizenship via INA 320/322), passport photo, and parents‣ government-issued identification, to your nearest passport application acceptance facility to submit the application.If you have to travel in less than six weeks, you should expedite. If you have to travel in less than two weeks, you should consider going to the nearest regional passport agency to submit the application (or using a reputable third party expediting service.)So, to recap, you’ll need the following:Form DS-11 - application for a U.S. passportApplicant’s proof of citizenshipAll parents listed on the birth certificate must be present, with government-issued photo identification.If one parent is unavailable, but can give consent, that parent needs to submit form DS3053, which must be signed in front of a notary.If one parent is unable to be located, the parent accompanying the applicant should complete a form DS-5525 explaining the circumstances.Accepted forms of paymentGood luck, and safe travels!
How do you obtain a passport in the United States?
For starters, ignore any of the spammers on this site who are trying to sell “genuine” travel or identity documents. I expect a number of them to comment on this question before long.That being said, here’s what you need to do:Become a U.S. citizen. If you were born in the U.S., congratulations! You’re already part of the club! If you’re moving to the U.S. from another country, congratulations! You get to experience the complex, expensive, waking nightmare that is the U.S. immigration system. Once you’ve become a naturalized citizen, you’ll receive a naturalization certificate.Take your proof of citizenship (typically a birth certificate or naturalization certificate), a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license is fine), two passport-sized photos, a completed Form DS-11, and your payment to the nearest Passport Application Acceptance Facility (locations found here: Where to Apply.)You’ll submit the application materials to the agent, take an oath, submit your payment, and the agent will send it off for processing. The turnaround time is typically 3 weeks for expedited processing and 6 weeks for routine processing.Need your passport sooner than that? Visit a regional passport agency near you, or use a courier service. I can’t recommend a courier service, but Kenneth I Altman can. Additional fees may apply.
How do I change the name in passport?
For making a change in a name in the passport you will have to give a public notice by getting the change in name printed in two news papers one in circulation where you live at present and second one in circulation in the place of your permanent residence. Send one should be a news paper in circulation and printed in the English language as this language is recognized world wide and the same will help you clarify and justify that a change of name has been effected in case you go abroad for study or job.You should also get the said notice notified by getting it published in the Gazette Notification of your state. This is all the more authentic.You wil have to prepare affidavit in support of the change in name and get the same attested by a notary.Thereafter schedule an appointment with the RPO in respect of issue of passport in view of change in name. The new passport will have the number of your old passport on its ending page which will link old and new passport.Old passport will be cancelled and shall be returned to you .Above is not a legal advise and does not confer a client attorney relationship amongst us.
What is the best way to replace my Certificate of Naturalization and US Passport? I look everywhere in the house, and I couldn't
For your missing certificate of naturalization, complete form N-565 and send it in with $555 processing fees. Instructions are here: Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship DocumentFor your US passport, report it lost here: Lost or Stolen PassportsYou’ll need to submit a form DS-64 to report the lost passport, along with DS-11 to apply for a new passport. You will need to apply in person and cannot do this via mail. However, you will also need to submit your certificate of naturalization as part of the application. Which means that a) you’ll need to wait for the replacement to arrive, which can take up to 3–6 months; or b) If you need to travel right away, make an appointment with your local passport center/agency and apply in person. You will need to pay the renewal fee ($110), expedited fee ($60), and File Search fee ($150) for not providing the certificate of naturalization.
How do I add a last name in my Indian passport?
You do have a Last Name field in Indian passport. You are merely confused. Last Name means Family Name or Surname.Indian passport has two rows for names:SurnameGiven NamesSurname has precedence over Given Names. Henceforth, you will notice that Surname field appears above Given Names in passports. This is the norm followed by other countries as well.I don't know if you have middle name or not. I am going to consider two options here: one with middle name and one without middle name.Option 1: With Middle NameFor the sake of understanding, let me assume that Ramesh is your middle name. Full Name: Abhijith Ramesh NambiarSurname: NambiarGiven Names: Abhijith RameshFirst Name: AbhijithMiddle Name: RameshOption 2: Without Middle NameFull Name: Abhijith NambiarSurname: NambiarGiven Names: AbhijithFirst Name: AbhijithMiddle Name: [None]
What is the procedure to retake a maiden name in a married name passport?
What is the procedure to retake a maiden name in a married name passport?If you have a US passport, the procedure is given below. If not, search in your country’s government website for name change in passport.The following is from the Department of State Website’s page Name Change for U.S. Passport or Correct a Printing or Data ErrorSelect A, B, or C based on your situation.The process to change your name on your passport varies depending on your situation.A) If you are requesting the change less than one year after your passport was issued,Please submit the following by mail:Form DS-5504Your most recent U.S. passportYour original or certified name change document, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court orderOne color passport photoPlease note: You will not have to submit any fees unless you request Expedited Service. You must send Form DS-5504 and supporting documents via USPS. UPS, FedEx, DHL, and other companies cannot deliver to the PO Box addresses listed on Form DS-5504.B) If you are requesting the change more than one year after your passport was issued,You may be eligible to renew your passport by mail using Form DS-82. If you are eligible to use Form DS-82*, please submit the following by mail:Form DS-82Your most recent U.S. passportYour original or certified name change document, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court orderOne color passport photoAdult Renewal Applicant fees or Child Applicant fees, depending on your agePlease note: you must send Form DS-82 and supporting documents using USPS. UPS, FedEx, DHL, and other companies cannot deliver to the PO Box addresses listed on Form DS-82.If you are not eligible to renew your passport by mail using Form DS-82, you should apply in-person. Please submit the following:Form DS-11Your evidence of U.S. citizenship and photocopy of that evidenceYour original or certified name change document, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order (no photocopies or notarized copies)Valid ID and photocopy of that IDOne color passport photoAdult First-Time Applicant fees or Child Applicant fees, depending on your agePlease note: You do not need to submit proof of the name change if your name has changed due to marriage and you present an ID issued in your new name. You must include the details of the marriage in the appropriate section on Form DS-11.C) You are already using a different name but cannot document the change with a court order, divorce decree, or marriage certificateSubmit the following in person at an acceptance facility or a passport agency (restrictions apply):Form DS-11Your evidence of U.S. citizenshipValid ID issued in the name you are currently using and photocopy of that IDOne color passport photoAdult First-Time Applicant fees or Child Applicant fees, depending on your agePlease note: you may need to submit Form DS-60: Affadavit Regarding a Change of Namewhen the name you use is significantly different than the name on your evidence of U.S. citizenship, or your new name cannot be documented by a court order or through marriage. This form must be completed by two people who have known you by both names. You must also submit three certified or original public records that show you have used the new name for 5 years or more.
What documents are required to change a name in a passport (reissue)?
The application for re-issue of passport with the changed name or surname needs to be supported with the requisite documentary proof and evidence. Such proof/evidence includes:The original passport along with the self-attested copies of the first two and the last two pages.In case a woman is applying for a change in surname post her marriage, she needs to submit the following documents too:Copy of the passport of her husbandAttested copy of their marriage certificate or an equivalent affidavit along with supporting evidence such as marriage card and joint photographIn case a divorced woman needs to apply for a change in surname post her divorce, she needs to submit the following documents:Certified copy of their divorce decreeDeed poll or Sworn Affidavit as mentioned in Annexure EIn case of a woman who has remarried post her divorce or death of the first spouse, she needs to submit the following documents:Certified copy of divorce decree or death certificate of the first spouse as the case may beDocuments required for a married woman as mentioned aboveIn any other circumstance, where an individual needs to change surname (including both males and females), they should submit the following documents:Deed poll or Sworn Affidavit as mentioned in Annexure EOriginal and valid advertisements mentioning such change in the surname or name of the individual in two relevant daily newspapers, one of which should be in the daily newspaper of the area of individual applicant’s address or corresponding nearby area. Such newspaper advertisement clippings should be submitted along with the applications. The application for change in surname or name of the individual is accepted only after thirty days of the publication or appearance of said notice or advertisements in the daily newspapers.
If you believe that this page should be taken down, please follow our DMCA take down process here.